Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/19 20:15:12 UTC

region-after set size to auto

Hi,

I have a <fo:region-after region-name="xsl-region-after"/> that holds
"footer" information. Sometime there is about 3.5 inches of info and
sometimes 1.0. If I set the properties to:

<fo:region-after region-name="xsl-region-after" extent="3.5"/>

and there is only 1.5in of data the "footer" is in half way up the page. Is
there a way to set to "Auto"? and always be at the bottom of the page no
matter how content there is in the footer?

Thx

Re: region-after set size to auto

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Jun 19, 2008, at 21:22, Amick, Eric wrote:

Hi Eric

> Here's the thing, Andreas: the spec says display-align is available on
> region-after, but it may be that FOP doesn't support it. Am I reading
> the compliance page right?

As far as I can tell, display-align in regions should work. We have
testcase checking for this, and it's not disabled...

As I understood the OP, the issue was that the region-after, even if
after-aligned, still takes up 3.5in of space. This could be avoided
by putting the footer-content in an fo:footnote, whose height is
dynamically allocated based upon the content. The only thing to watch
out for would be that footnotes can potentially be broken over
multiple pages, so one also needs keep-together.within-page="always"
on the footnote-content.

Cheers

Andreas

RE: region-after set size to auto

Posted by "Amick, Eric" <Er...@mail.house.gov>.
Here's the thing, Andreas: the spec says display-align is available on
region-after, but it may be that FOP doesn't support it. Am I reading
the compliance page right?

Eric Amick
Legislative Computer Systems
Office of the Clerk

Posted by bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com>.
Andreas,

Thanks for the help.

I will stick to the calculation, it seems to work well. If it poses a
problem in the future, I will try your suggestion.

Thanks again.

bones

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.

Posted by bonekrusher <dj...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks but that didn't work. I ended up calculating the extend size based on
the length of the content:

			<!-- Calculate page footer size-->
		<xsl:variable name="content-size">
			<xsl:value-of select="string-length(//notices)"/>
		</xsl:variable>
		<xsl:variable name="footer-size">
			<xsl:value-of select="$content-size div 450"/>
		</xsl:variable>
		<xsl:variable name="extent-size">
			<xsl:choose>
				<xsl:when test="$footer-size &lt; 1.5">1.5</xsl:when>
				<xsl:otherwise>
					<xsl:value-of select="$footer-size"/>
				</xsl:otherwise>
			</xsl:choose>
		</xsl:variable>
<fo:region-after region-name="xsl-region-after" extent="{$extent-size}in"/>

I just thought there was an easier way.

thanks for the help.

Bones