Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Lionel Raymundi - Poincenot <li...@poincenot.com> on 2017/04/11 23:23:03 UTC

Effective Annual Interest Rate

Hi guys,

I need to get the Effective annual interest rate of a loan as defined in [1]
I have not found this rate information in any service, is it being
calculated anywhere? If it is not, could I add it to the response of the
following services?
.- POST Calculate loan repayment schedule
.- GET retrieve a loan

Thanks!

Lionel

[1] http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/effectiveinterest.asp

Re: Effective Annual Interest Rate

Posted by Lionel Raymundi - Poincenot <li...@poincenot.com>.
Hi Nazeer, thanks for you answer.

I ended up adding this data to LoanScheduleModel and LoanScheduleData, to
be able to use it in Loan's "calculate" POST API response. I added it there
because we need to be able to compare this information at calculation time,
before the loan is created.

The calculations are performed in the "generate" method of
AbstractLoanScheduleGenerator (is where I found all the data that I needed).

So far, it is not necessary for us to get this info AFTER the loan is
created, but I think it would be useful as discussed with Ed.

So if you agree, I would create a JIRA ticket for this improvement also, so
we can discuss there and find a way to implement it in a way useful for all
of us.

Regards

Lionel

Posted by Nazeer Shaik <na...@confluxtechnologies.com>.