Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Hampel, Michael" <mi...@siemens.com> on 2008/08/20 16:52:22 UTC

obr deployment error handling

Hello,

I have a question regarding the error handling in the
ResolverImpl.deploy() method.
As the method catches all Exceptions that might occur when installing or
starting a bundle and also has no
return value to check for problems, I am not able to react on failures
in my calling code.
I have altered the code to throw a RuntimeException in the catch block
as I did not want to change the
method's interface.
Is there a proposed way to check for install/start problems and if not
would you consider to return an exception or the like?

Thanx in advance for any help,

Michael

Re: obr deployment error handling

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
This is actually a shortcoming in the RFC and is something that needs to
be improved, but as yet there is no way to address it. If you want, you
can create a JIRA issue for this against OBR so we can remember it

-> richard