Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Tony <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/30 07:14:27 UTC

Cookies not working at all!!

  I guess I am missing something of the basics here, and this is why I am
asking for help. Here is my simple test case:

---> file1.html <---
<HTML>
[-
  $udat{foo} = 'bar' ;
-]
Click <a href="file2.html">here</a> to load next page.
</HTML>
----> file2.html <---
<HTML>
foo = [+$udat{foo}+]
</HTML>
---> base.epl <---
[- Execute('*') -]

  Observed behaviour: After first page is fully loaded I can see a cookie was
sent and recorded by the WEB client (Firefox in my case). Still when the second
page is loaded the user value stored in %udat hash is no longer present...
Moreover: the cookie is no longer on the browser side.
  On the side I observed a single row being added into the SESSIONS table after
the first page was loaded. This row reads:

select * from sessions ;
                id                | a_session
----------------------------------+-----------
 fb4a15184ff5e10560cf23c33eaa1d76 |
(1 row)

   (BTW: this line persists even after the cookie has dissapeared from the
browser side).

   For the curios eye I am including a full log of the messages exchanged by
the WEB client with Apache server.
    I am also attaching the "httpd.conf" file in the hope somebody can help me.

   Neddless to say I am quite desperate on this I WOULD KINDLY APPRECIATE ANY
CONSTRUCTIVE HELP FROM ANYBODY ON THIS MATTER.

--Anton (Tony) Ghiugan

__________________________________

RE: Cookies not working at all!!

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

Please add a

PerlModule Embperl

To your httpd.conf (in addition and after the LoadModule embperl_module...)

Also please remove the PerlSetEnv bevore the Embperl configuration
directives, since it is no longer needed for Embperl 2 and will not work
correctly, unless you add an EmbperlUseEnv on

If it still doesn't work, please enable the dbgSession flag and send the
embperl.log file

Gerald

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh