Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Pilgrim, Peter" <pe...@csfb.com> on 2005/10/21 18:47:19 UTC

RE: MyEclipse 4 and Maven 2 [SOLVED]

" cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'project'. "

I upgraded to the newest Eclipse SDK to 3.1.1 and lost the MyEclipse
internet proxy settings in the process. In Eclipse set the proxy again

1. Windows -> Preferences -> MyEclipse -> Internet Tools -> Internet Proxy

2. On the ``pom.xml'' in the ``Package Explorer' right click on the icon
and select ``Validate XML File'', the error should disappear because
the plug-in can then finally download the Maven V4 XSD.

==////==

> I have noticed that MyEclipse XML Edit flags the getting
> started guid pom.xml as invalid
>
> Does Maven2 has a valid DOCTYPE definition?

>   xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.mycompany.app</groupId>
  <artifactId>my-app</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>Maven Quick Start Archetype</name>
  <url>http://maven.apache.org</url>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>
==////==

--
Peter Pilgrim :: J2EE Software Development
Operations/IT - Credit Suisse First Boston,

http://www.csfb.com/legal_terms/disclaimer_external_email.shtml