Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com> on 2015/03/24 00:17:09 UTC

New HMS Upgrade tests on Jenkins

Hi All,

I configured a new jenkins job that will run HMS upgrade tests whenever a
change on metastore/scripts/upgrade/ files is detected.

You may receive an extra test comment from Hive QA when these tests pass or
fail only from patches that make the change.

Currently, the HMS upgrade tests run on MySQL; but we're working on cover
the rest of the DBs.

- Sergio

Re: New HMS Upgrade tests on Jenkins

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com>.
This sounds great. But the current HMS upgrade scripts tests cannot be used
for the precommit testing. These scripts use LXC to prepare different DB
environments in a single Amazon instance. Because HMS upgrade tests are run
quickly, then we can reuse the same instance to run different DB servers
(one per LXC container).

However, I like this idea of running the precommit tests on Mysql. If we
take advantage of the concurrency, then we might get tests results faster.

I'll take a look at the code, and see how we can improve it to use Mysql.

Posted by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Eugene Koifman <ek...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.