Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/07 19:24:43 UTC

Pointers for talking directly to Hive server to execute queries

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about writing a native Ruby client that can be used to connect
to a running Hive server and issue queries and get back results. I know that
there's a native JDBC API. Could anyone please point me to any docs or
source code that would cover the connection/protocol details? Would this be
fairly painless (the communication part)?

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Pointers for talking directly to Hive server to execute queries

Posted by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com>.
Nevermind, looks like this has already been done using the Thrift APIs!

https://github.com/forward/rbhive