Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2007/03/19 15:51:06 UTC

Re: [Axis2] Re: AddressingValidationHandler prevents the SynapseDispatcher from getting the message

Hi David, Asankha:

David Illsley wrote:
> There are therefore 3 routes forward I'd like you to consider
> 1. Synapse deploys its SynapseDispatcher between the
> AddressingBasedDispatcher and the AddressingValidationHandler
> 2. Synapse deploys a custom module.xml which does not include the
> AddressingValidationHandler
> 3. We allow configuration of the AddressingValidationHandler through a
> parameter

If we did 1, then we'd lose the ability to have Synapse co-deployed with
standard Axis services since Synapse would grab everything.  If we did
2, similar problems.

I think 3 is the way to go.  The simplest solution would be to provide a
property "addressing.disableActionValidation" which would let Synapse
shut off the exception throwing.

--Glen

Re: [Axis2] Re: AddressingValidationHandler prevents the SynapseDispatcher from getting the message

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Thanks Glen

I will check this with Synapse ASAP

asankha

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Thanks Glen / David! This would be great.. I didn't want to try to make
a fix on code that I was not familiar with..

Sorry for the delay in replying to this mail ...
reagrds
asankha

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Glen.

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Posted by David Illsley <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Glen/David

Any chance either of you can provide a patch to support Synapse with Option 3?

Paul

On 3/19/07, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:
> Hi David, Asankha:
>
> David Illsley wrote:
> > There are therefore 3 routes forward I'd like you to consider
> > 1. Synapse deploys its SynapseDispatcher between the
> > AddressingBasedDispatcher and the AddressingValidationHandler
> > 2. Synapse deploys a custom module.xml which does not include the
> > AddressingValidationHandler
> > 3. We allow configuration of the AddressingValidationHandler through a
> > parameter
>
> If we did 1, then we'd lose the ability to have Synapse co-deployed with
> standard Axis services since Synapse would grab everything.  If we did
> 2, similar problems.
>
> I think 3 is the way to go.  The simplest solution would be to provide a
> property "addressing.disableActionValidation" which would let Synapse
> shut off the exception throwing.
>
> --Glen

Paul Fremantle