Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Pawel Szczur <pa...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/06 09:26:28 UTC

[FlinkRunner] Exception "Insufficient number of network buffers" thrown from time to time.

When running my simple pipeline from time to time I'm getting below
exception:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Insufficient number of network buffers:
required 1, but only 0 available. The total number of network buffers is
currently set to 2048. You can increase this number by setting the
configuration key 'taskmanager.network.numberOfBuffers'.
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.buffer.NetworkBufferPool.createBufferPool(NetworkBufferPool.java:196)
at
org.apache.flink.runtime.io.network.NetworkEnvironment.registerTask(NetworkEnvironment.java:298)
at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:469)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I'm using trunk of Beam with FlinkRunner. I guess it's well known Flink
problem? Idea how to prevent it?

Pawel

Re: [FlinkRunner] Exception "Insufficient number of network buffers" thrown from time to time.

Posted by amir bahmanyari <am...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks so much Stephan. Appreciate it.Any guideline on how to implement the two options pls?CheersAmir-

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Amir!

Posted by amir bahmanyari <am...@yahoo.com>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [FlinkRunner] Exception "Insufficient number of network buffers" thrown from time to time.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pawel Szczur <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.