Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org> on 2016/08/09 16:00:34 UTC

HADOOP-13410

I'd like to get feedback from the community (especially those who might
remember this) on HADOOP-13410:

It appears that Hadoop's RunJar adds the original jar to the app's
classpath even though the unjarred contents of the jar are in the
classpath. As long as the file is a jar (or its variant), this seems
completely superfluous. My suspicion is that the line of code that adds the
jar to the classpath may have been left there by accident.

Could anyone confirm this? Does anyone see an issue with removing the jar
from the classpath? I've tested the fix with a couple of simple apps, and I
didn't see a problem.

Thanks,
Sangjin

Re: HADOOP-13410

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.
I just tested a simple service loader with the patch and it works fine even
if the jar is not in the classpath.

Re: HADOOP-13410

Posted by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org>.

Re: HADOOP-13410