Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mansour <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/13 19:16:03 UTC

static html and html links

I have few questions relating to developing and adding contents to JS2.
I am trying to add few html pages. I was able to add a page separatly,
however, when linking from one page to another, I get a file not found
error. Now, I need to be able to navigate to a different page and open
it in the same portlet window.

For example, I added page1.html and the portlet displayed the contents
as I expected.

 PortletRequestDispatcher dispatcher =
getPortletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/page1.html");

            dispatcher.include(request,response);

but, page1.html contains a link to page2.html. How can I get this to work ?

one more question related to deploying the portlets. I can not deply the
CMS portlet. it does not show in the list of the available portlets!

Re: static html and html links

Posted by Brice Lambi <la...@gmail.com>.
Portlets are not addressable so you cannot just "link" to one from a static
html file.  The render urls and action urls have to be created by the
container at runtime.  The best you could do is use the
/jetspeed/portal/mypage.psml type urls to link to certain pages that have to
content on them.