Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by camix <ca...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/22 15:52:56 UTC

Re: Restarting ActiveMq removes/cleans all persisted messages/queues/topics

I'm having this same issue. Can someone please post a solution to this
problem?

Re: Restarting ActiveMq removes/cleans all persisted messages/queues/topics

Posted by Anna Jaworska <va...@gmail.com>.
I'm pretty sure there's no other way than to tell producers to switch to
persistent mode.
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-make-messages-durable.html

Only way to force persistence would be to have a custom plugin that alters
incoming messages. That would be considered jms contract breaking, but if
your producers can't be altered might be the way to go.

Also make sure that persistence is enabled in activemq.xml. Highly unlikely
you have this overwritten and it is on by default, but such stuff happens
sometimes.
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-disable-persistence.html

pt., 12 paź 2018, 08:43 użytkownik Mohsin Khan <mo...@gmail.com>

Posted by westerg <ga...@garethwestern.com>.
Ah, sorry, in my case it was simply because the test message was not marked
as "persistent". Nevermind.

Re: Restarting ActiveMq removes/cleans all persisted messages/queues/topics

Posted by westerg <ga...@garethwestern.com>.
Hi,

We've just noticed the same behaviour with ActiveMQ 5.15.0 using the default
kahaDb persistence provider.

For example: Using the Web GUI (http://localhost:8161), create a queue named
"test" and send a simple text message to the queue. The message then appears
as "enqueued". Restart the broker, and then the "test" queue is empty. Is
this expected behaviour?

Our activemq.xml (which is pretty close to default) can be seen here:
https://gist.github.com/gdubya/2704adf69f39d534cca3b28cb07b3c1c

Regards,
Gareth

Re: Restarting ActiveMq removes/cleans all persisted messages/queues/topics

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Are you also using MS SQL Server like the previous posters? Can you confirm
that messages exist in the database prior to and after the restart even
though they're not available in the broker? What version of ActiveMQ are
you using?