Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sanjeev Gupta <su...@sanjeevg.com> on 2012/06/05 20:11:35 UTC

Has anyone implemented Faceted Search using SOLR?

I'm trying to implement Faceted Search using SOLR. So far I've managed to
install Solr on the ofbiz server, but not sure how to move forward.
Would appreciate any help / guidance with it.

-----
Rgds
Sanjeev
www.sanjeevg.com
@sanjeevgcom

Re: Has anyone implemented Faceted Search using SOLR?

Posted by Ritu Raj Lakhera <rr...@gmail.com>.
Sanjeev,

This is a right way to integrate the Solr with Ofbiz as Rajveer described.
If you want to test this in hand please go over
http://bigfish.salmonllc.com/bfDownload.html.

BigFish illuminate the Solr capability in very nice manner. Currently
Bigfish integrate the Solr V1.4.
There will be no issue to upgrade Solr in BigFish.

If you need any further help, please feel free to get in touch.

Regards
Ritu

Posted by Sanjeev Gupta <su...@sanjeevg.com>.
I agree with you Mike, Bigfish brings together quite a rich set of feature
both for the storefont as well as the backend. it's quite impressive and I
have been following it closely. However I could only get it's First version
to work, but not the subsequent releases including the most recent one.
Nick has also been kind enough to offer his teams guidance to help me
replicate the SOLR configuration on my system but that didn't work either.

So for now I'm using JavaScript to simulate SOLR like filtering. Will till
try out Rajbir's approach next and lets see how it goes....

-----

Posted by barkavi <ba...@gmail.com>.
It was very helpful. Thanks :)

Re: Has anyone implemented Faceted Search using SOLR?

Posted by madppiper <pp...@ilscipio.com>.
Perhaps, you may be interested in this:

Re: Has anyone implemented Faceted Search using SOLR?

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
great, thank you...I only checked the osafe-admin :) great!

Re: Has anyone implemented Faceted Search using SOLR?

Posted by Praveen Agarwal <pr...@gmail.com>.
Robert,

Find the java files SolrServices.java and SolrEvents.java under src
directory of osafe component.

Regards,
Praveen Agrawal

Posted by Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com>.
Hi,

there is a fully committed solr component available for you (no need for
third party plugins): https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5042

Just download and run. It comes with an example schema.xml that is set up
for facetted search and several functions that make use of it.

Re: Has anyone implemented Faceted Search using SOLR?

Posted by Praveen Agarwal <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

Please take reference from http://bigfish.salmonllc.com/bfDownload.html and
download the BigFish Project.

Bigfish integrated the solr in the way as you want here.

In Bigfish a java service is implemented (that includes all the Queries to
Ofbiz Entities using delegator) to generate the product index file.

Once the index file is generated we can Query to index file using SolrQuery
to get the data.

I think this will help you. Comments and Questions, welcome !

Thanks,
Praveen Agrawal

Posted by Deepak Agarwal <da...@gmail.com>.
Great. Switching over to bigfish :)

Posted by varun bhansaly <vb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepak,

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 2:12 AM, Deepak Agarwal <da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> ant run-install-seed throws following . my mysql version is 5.5.16. Could
> you quickly tell me if this is a known issue.
>
>     [java] 2012-06-24 02:09:35,132 (main) [
> DatabaseUtil.java:352:ERROR]
> Could not create table [WORK_EFFORT_TYPE_ATTR]: SQL Exception while
> executing th
> e following:
>     [java] CREATE TABLE WORK_EFFORT_TYPE_ATTR (WORK_EFFORT_TYPE_ID
> VARCHAR(20)
> CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_cs NOT NULL, ATTR_NAME
> VARCHAR(60) C
> HARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_cs NOT NULL, LAST_UPDATED_STAMP
> DATET
> IME, LAST_UPDATED_TX_STAMP DATETIME, CREATED_STAMP DATETIME,
> CREATED_TX_STAMP DA
> TETIME, CONSTRAINT PK_WORK_EFFORT_TYPE_ATTR PRIMARY KEY
> (WORK_EFFORT_TYPE_ID, AT
> TR_NAME)) TYPE InnoDB CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_cs
>     [java] Error was:
> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException
> : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds
> to you
> r MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE InnoDB
> CHARACTER S
> ET latin1 COLLATE latin1_general_cs' at line 1
>
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 1:27 AM, Nick Rosser <nr...@salmonllc.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Yes it's free to use. Apache license. The intent is to totally integrate
> > with ofbiz so any order placed via the bigfish ecommerce ui can be
> fufilled
> > in the backend ofbiz. We are working with a client currently that will
> use
> > a bigfish ecomm solution and run thru an erp solution we built for them
> > some time ago.
> >
> > More news next week, we have a release ready.
> >
> > And we'll get solr working for sanjeev!
> >
> > Nick
> > C: 516.901.1720
> > nrosser@salmonllc.com
> >

> > On Jun 23, 2012, at 3:33 PM, Mike <mz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  It's not my project.  It's Nicks with salmonllc.com.  I believe it has
> an
> >> Apache 2.0 license, so it is free it use.  Maybe Nick can clarify.   I'm
> >> still evaluating it, but so far very impressed.  It appears to fully
> >> integrate with OFBiz's back-end as well.
> >>
> >> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Deepak Agarwal <dagarwal82@gmail.com
> >>
> >>  Mike,

> free
> ?

> http://bigfish.salmonllc.com/bfDownload.html>

> subscribe@sanjeevg.com

> up.

> trunk.

> http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/Has-anyone-implemented-Faceted-Search-using-SOLR-tp4633260p4633892.html

Varun Bhansaly

Re: Has anyone implemented Faceted Search using SOLR?

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
Found in an old thread:

> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM, James Lawton
> <ja...@tofinosoftware.com>
> wrote:
>> Ahhh...just found a change in the MySQL manuals
>>
>> ====================================
>>
>> Section 5.1.7, "Server SQL Modes".
>>
>> Note
>> The older TYPE option was synonymous with ENGINE. TYPE was deprecated
>> in MySQL 4.0 and removed in MySQL 5.5. When upgrading to MySQL 5.5 or
>> later, you must convert existing applications that rely on TYPE to
>> use ENGINE instead.

I don't know if OFBiz trunk/11.04 were ever updated to work with the later
versions of MySql, but since BigFish is based on 10.04, this may be the
problem.

It's another good reason to use postgresql over mysql.

Re: Has anyone implemented Faceted Search using SOLR?

Posted by Deepak Agarwal <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Rosser <nr...@salmonllc.com>.

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Agarwal <da...@gmail.com>.
Mike,

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
You can check out BigFish:

Posted by Rajbir Saini <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Sanjeev,

What is that did not work? I will be happy to help if you can share the
problems you had faced.

Regards,

Raj

Posted by Rajbir Saini <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Sanjeev,

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
Hey Paul.  Do you have a patch for SOLR?

Posted by madppiper <pp...@ilscipio.com>.
Also: www.syracus.net uses solr as a basis for alot of its output.

Re: Has anyone implemented Faceted Search using SOLR?