Posted to user@struts.apache.org by souravm <SO...@infosys.com> on 2005/05/19 17:09:04 UTC

How to set character encoding of the incoming request in Struts 1.2.4

Hi All,

I want to set the chracter encoding of incoming http request by using HttpServletRequest.setCharacterEncoding() api.

How do I do it using Struts 1.2.4 ? Does it provide any configuration parameter to do the same ? Or one has to subclass the RequestProcessor class to do the same ? Or is there any other way ?

Regards,
Sourav

Re: How to set character encoding of the incoming request in Struts 1.2.4

Posted by Jason Lea <ja...@kumachan.net.nz>.
I use a servlet filter to set the encoding before it reaches struts

souravm wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I want to set the chracter encoding of incoming http request by using HttpServletRequest.setCharacterEncoding() api.
>
>How do I do it using Struts 1.2.4 ? Does it provide any configuration parameter to do the same ? Or one has to subclass the RequestProcessor class to do the same ? Or is there any other way ?
>
>Regards,
>Sourav

Jason Lea