Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Krish Donald <go...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/09 23:05:37 UTC

Not able to ping AWS host

Hi,

I am trying to setup Hadoop cluster on AWS .
After creating an instance, I got the public ip and dns.
But I tried to ping it from my windows machine I am not able to ping it.

I am not able to logon to machine using putty .
It is saying Network timed out.

Security group in the AWS cluster has open all TCP, UDP, ICMP and SSH also.

Please let me know if anybody ahs any idea.

Thanks
Krish

Re: Not able to ping AWS host

Posted by max scalf <or...@gmail.com>.
That is very interesting, any network ACL blocking your inbound
connections?  If you would like you can setup a webex/go-meeting conf. and
we can troubleshoot this together, so we can take this offline as this is
specific to AWS and nothing to do with Hadoop.

I can be reached at oracle.blog3@gmail.com, i am available to do this later
on today after 4PM CST.

Re: Not able to ping AWS host

Posted by max scalf <or...@gmail.com>.