Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by longsan <lo...@sina.com> on 2014/01/16 03:46:43 UTC

solr cloud + hdfs issue

Hi, i'm newer for solr cloud. i met a question here.

we use hdfs as file storage service and use Solr cloud to provide indexing
service and query service.
But solr cloud will replicate index/data files between leader and replica.
And the hdfs replicates the files too.

i think it wil waste disk space. Is there any ways to disable solr cloud
replication index/data files between leader and replcas?

In other words , how to implement that hdfs provide data reliability and
solr cloud provide service reliability?

Re: solr cloud + hdfs issue

Posted by Greg Walters <gr...@answers.com>.
> You can configure the Solr client to use a replication factor of 1 for hdfs and then let Solr replicate for you if you want to avoid this.

What is solr's behavior if the lucene files underneath it suddenly disappear? Will a core that's running and can't access its files in the case of a HDFS failure handle this gracefully and move to a DOWN state?

Re: solr cloud + hdfs issue

Posted by longsan <lo...@sina.com>.
thanks. i think it's a good option for me.

Re: solr cloud + hdfs issue

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
You can configure the Solr client to use a replication factor of 1 for hdfs and then let Solr replicate for you if you want to avoid this.

Other than that, we will be adding further options over time.

- Mark

Re: solr cloud + hdfs issue

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I know it's "on the roadmap", but it's always a resource problem...

Any help appreciated, of course....

Best,
Erick

Re: solr cloud + hdfs issue