Posted to users@camel.apache.org by benxs <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2010/06/17 15:48:07 UTC

Where exactly put Spring XML commands in ActiveMQ.xml config file?

As far as I understand I can setup Camel instructions as Java DSL or Spring
XML commands.

Furthermore I guess that if I take the Spring XML commands like:
<route>
   <from uri="jms:queue:order"/>
   <pipeline>
      <bean ref="validateOrder"/>
      <bean ref="registerOrder"/>
      <bean ref="sendConfirmEmail"/>
   </pipeline>
</route>

I can put them into the activemq.xml config file directly.

But where exactly? Should I put them inside the

<beans>....</beans>

section? or even inside a <broker>...</broker> section?

Ben

Re: Where exactly put Spring XML commands in ActiveMQ.xml config file?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

See
http://activemq.apache.org/enterprise-integration-patterns.html

There should be a sample <camelContext/> in there where you put your
routes inside.

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 3:48 PM, benxs <bx...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> As far as I understand I can setup Camel instructions as Java DSL or Spring
> XML commands.
>
> Furthermore I guess that if I take the Spring XML commands like:
> <route>
>   <from uri="jms:queue:order"/>
>   <pipeline>
>      <bean ref="validateOrder"/>
>      <bean ref="registerOrder"/>
>      <bean ref="sendConfirmEmail"/>
>   </pipeline>
> </route>
>
> I can put them into the activemq.xml config file directly.
>
> But where exactly? Should I put them inside the
>
> <beans>....</beans>
>
> section? or even inside a <broker>...</broker> section?
>
> Ben

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Where exactly put Spring XML commands in ActiveMQ.xml config file?

Posted by Francois Lefoll <fr...@racinegroup.com>.
Within activemq.xml, you will see : <import resource="camel.xml"/>
Indeed, normally (ie: the way I assume it), putting your routes in the
conf/camel.xml should work,
but from my experience this configuration is overwritten/overloaded by
webapps/camel/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml.

And it's even worst than a kind of class merging, for example, having some
endpoints/queues declared in conf/camel.xml, it's not enough to create them
automatically on activemq stack, but it is correctly enough if such
declaration is done in webapps/camel/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml

For me, webapps/camel/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml is the only file you
have to modify to reach your expectations.
For further questions, I suggest you address them on activemq forum, since
it's more related to their integration than to camel itself ;-)

Regards,

Francois

Re: Where exactly put Spring XML commands in ActiveMQ.xml config file?

Posted by benxs <bx...@yahoo.co.uk>.
When I follow the link Claus Ibsen told me above then there it is said that
the CamelContet should be put directly in activemq.xml file.

So are there various places where I can write the camel <route>
instructions?

Posted by Francois Lefoll <fr...@racinegroup.com>.
Within the ActiveMQ distribution you have, you should have a
webapps/camel/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml file,
This is where it stands.

Regards,

Francois