Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by sheshadri iyengar <si...@hotmail.com> on 2014/11/26 20:33:44 UTC

New User - Open Office

Can you please help a new user of Open Office. I’ve just downloaded the 4.1.1 version to my laptop, but unable to open a xxx.docx document !

Your help is much appreciated.

Sheshadri

Sent from Windows Mail

Re: New User - Open Office

Posted by Barbaros Akkurt <ak...@itu.edu.tr>.
Hello,
A generic question: Did you download the software from
http://www.openoffice.org, which directs to the Sourceforge website? If
not so, you might acquire a modified version of Openoffice flavour.
If everything is smooth, please use OO Writer to open a DOCX document.
In my experiment, I have successfully opened a DOCX file with OO Writer.
There is a chance that the DOCX file might be incorrectly configured,
incorrectly renamed (it must be a DOC file, but if renamed to a DOCX
file, it might not be opened properly), or damaged. Please review these
options.
Thanks
Barbaros@Istanbul