Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Colin Kilburn <co...@accesstec.ca> on 2002/11/01 15:49:48 UTC

Problems with Cactus and commons-logging

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying to get Cactus going for a couple of days now and I keep
getting the following exception when I try to run even the simplest test:

org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: Class
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger does not implement Log
at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:555)
at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:289)
at
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:259)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:390)
at
org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.around91_doGet(ServletTestRunner.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1142)
at
org.apache.cactus.server.runner.ServletTestRunner.doGet(ServletTestRunner.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):101)
<snip huge stack trace />

While the problem is in the commons-logging package, the cactus
environment is the only time I get an error like this. I apologize if
I've chosen the wrong list.

I have scoured google and the mail archives of cactus, struts and
commons and the only reference to this error
I could find had to do with the commons-logging.jar packaged with
struts1.1b2, and the solution didn't do anything for me.

Stepping through the code, I don't even understand how this error can
occur, as "org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger" is a hard-coded
fallback implementation for logging, and it clearly implements Log.

Has anyone else had this problem and/or know what I might be missing?
 Any suggestions for other things I can check?  I'm quite eager to start
using Cactus :o)

I'm using:
cactus-13-1.4.1
tomcat-4.1.10
Struts 1.1b2
j2sdk1.4.0_01

TIA,
Colin Kilburn

RE: Problems with Cactus and commons-logging

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Hi Colin,

Were you able to make progress on this?

Thanks