Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Szerwinski <Ro...@gmx.net> on 2005/02/10 15:52:18 UTC

Disabling automatic X-Spam-* header removal

Hi list,
I have the following problem: my mail comes in tagged with X-Spam-* headers
and I want to make decisions inside *my* spamassassin based on those tags.
How can I force spamassassin to leave the old headers untouched?
(I have added a X-Spam-2ndCheck header to show decisions based on my local
spamassassin.)
In my opinion, this is not possible so far, is it? (Already read through the
perl modules and wiki etc etc)

Regards, Robert

PS: I'm using version 2.64

Re: Disabling automatic X-Spam-* header removal

Posted by Robert Szerwinski <Ro...@gmx.net>.
Am Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2005 17:26 schrieben Sie:
> Did you do a clear_headers prior to adding X-Spam-2ndCheck?
>
> Note that clear_headers should not remove the existing ones in the message.
> It should, theoretically, clear your header *settings*.

Yes, I did this to get rid of spamassassins (new) headers, but it seems there
is a prior step which removes any X-Spam-* headers from the (filtered) email.
Meanwhile I investigated a bit and maybe I can get the wished behaviour by
poking something around in amavisd-new (I've used spamassassin on the console
for testing).

Regards, Robert

PS: I've tried the command switch --remove-markup, but this removes any
generated X-Spam-* headers from the result (as clear_headers without
add_header does).

Re: Disabling automatic X-Spam-* header removal

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.