Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jesús <jj...@usuarios.retecal.es> on 2003/11/03 09:40:07 UTC

WML Portlets in Jetspeed

Thanks again Marco for your answer.

I have tried it as you told me, but I still haven't good results.
I am using the version 1.4b4 of Jetspeed, Could it be this the problem? It's possible that Jetspeed could have a bug with wml portlets? (Problems aside from previously commented about Xreg archive and control tag).

If somebody has a wml portlet that works fine, please sends it to me to verify if I'm doing something wrong.
Thanks to all for your collaboration.

Jesús

Re: WML Portlets in Jetspeed

Posted by Helder Pinto <he...@dsi.uminho.pt>.
> It's possible that Jetspeed could have a bug with wml portlets? (Problems
aside from previously commented about Xreg archive and control tag).

Correction: the problem is not in the XREG archive but in the user PSML archive.
Each "entry" element must have a "control" sub-element.

A frequent problem with WML portlets is that browsers (excepting Klondike,
afaik) are not as tolerant as HTML browsers. This means that you have to
strictly comply to WML schema. For example, do not open a "p" tag inside another
"p" tag. Thus, be careful when coding your WML controls/controllers.

> If somebody has a wml portlet that works fine, please sends it to me to verify
if I'm doing something wrong.

I'll send directly to your address some files (PSML, XREG, and
portlet/control/controller templates).

Helder