Posted to mod_dtcl@tcl.apache.org by Pierre-Mikael Legris <pl...@fbwww.epfl.ch> on 2001/01/27 23:34:11 UTC

TT pack release 3

Hello,

A new release of the TT pack 3

Reviewing for all of this is needed. Thanx for your time.
The VarServer need some debuging and advices.

I tried to get it touch with David, but i didn't get any answer, so I still have
to publish the package apart from the CVS.

#package with the TCL documentation HTMLized (cool but big)
http://fbwww.epfl.ch/~plegris/Tcl/code/tt0127.tgz  652k
#same package but without all the doc
http://fbwww.epfl.ch/~plegris/Tcl/code/tt0127_wo_TCLdoc.tgz

Perki

Here are the actual features:
DOCUMENTATION :
    1_install: mod_dtcl Installation
    2_apache_directives: How to use Dtcl_Script directives in httpd.conf
    3_specific_commands: mod_dtcl specific Tcl commands
    5_how_it_works: How does mod_dtcl works?
    TCL_commands: {General TCL and TCLX commands}

APPLICATION :
    VarServer: Variable Server Demo. Keep variable between sessions
    help2html: Convert tcl help files to html and include them to mod_dtcl help
    ttdoc: Generate documentation for mod_dtcl files

PACKAGE :
    tt_Auth: WWW Authentification calls
    tt_Base64: base64 Encoding / Decoding
    tt_GetRemoteFiles: Provides tools to retrieve remote files
    tt_HTML_Table: Advanced tools for html table generation
    tt_Info: General info
    tt_SendMail: Utilities to send mail
    tt_Utils: Small Utilities
    tt_VarServer: Package for the Variable Server Demo.

LIBRARY :
    tabletransform: Like a transpose for a matrix but for a list of list

TTML :
    auth: This file should contains examples for tt_Auth.tcl
    clocks: ttml file example
    session_info: This file contains examples for tt_Info.tcl
    tables: This file contains examples for tt_HTML_Table.tcl

This mail sent through IMP: imap.epfl.ch

Re: TT pack release 3

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@apache.org>.
Pierre-Mikael Legris <pl...@fbwww.epfl.ch> writes:

> > Can you explain, briefly, the system that this uses?  I'm not sure
> > I 'get it'.  If I end up using this, it will go in the main
> > mod_dtcl branch, not in the 'kitchen sink' distribution.

> The best is to have a look at the source of any file.
> the documentation can be retreived from .tcl .ttml and .ttd files (tle last one
> stands for tt documentation)

> The goal was to have a tool similar to javadoc.  Have a look to
> bin/ttdoc.tcl which is the application and to src/ttd/* which are
> the source documentation files.

> The system is a bit complex, but the gramar of the <TTD>...</TTD> blocs satisfy
> me. I think that ttdoc has to be completly rewriten to handle the documention
> generation whith a xml parser (and not a sgml parser like now).

How does one go about creating these?  Is there a specific tool?  They
look pretty ugly, IMO.  Maybe something like a seperate file would be
nice?  I don't know...

> > bin/               # maybe part of build/ ?
> > packages/
> >          index     # descriptions of the various packages, and what
> >                    # they do
> >          tt_pack/
> >          nstcl/
> >          etc/
> >          etcccc/
> > build/             # build scripts for everything

> Yep looks good for me.

I have created a 'tcl-kitchen-sink' directory in Apache's CVS.   Let's
see... for now, we can put in:

some database extensions
gdtclft
parts of pierre's work
hopefully, nstcl in the future...
other ideas?

--
David N. Welton
     Personal:           http://www.efn.org/~davidw/

Re: TT pack release 3

Posted by Pierre-Mikael Legris <pl...@fbwww.epfl.ch>.
Quoting "David N. Welton" <da...@apache.org>:
> Pierre-Mikael Legris <pl...@fbwww.epfl.ch> writes:
>
> > #package with the TCL documentation HTMLized (cool but big)
> > http://fbwww.epfl.ch/~plegris/Tcl/code/tt0127.tgz  652k
>
> Personally, I'd rather not include these.  I think most people have
> either man pages or access to the on-line versions of these...
Yeap, I agree, it's way to big..
> > DOCUMENTATION :
>
> Can you explain, briefly, the system that this uses?  I'm not sure I
> 'get it'.  If I end up using this, it will go in the main mod_dtcl
> branch, not in the 'kitchen sink' distribution.
The best is to have a look at the source of any file.
the documentation can be retreived from .tcl .ttml and .ttd files (tle last one
stands for tt documentation)
The goal was to have a tool similar to javadoc.
Have a look to bin/ttdoc.tcl which is the application and to
src/ttd/* which are the source documentation files.
The system is a bit complex, but the gramar of the <TTD>...</TTD> blocs satisfy
me. I think that ttdoc has to be completly rewriten to handle the documention
generation whith a xml parser (and not a sgml parser like now).
> >     tt_Base64: base64 Encoding / Decoding
>
> Hrmmm... can you tell me more?  Apache has some functions to do this,
> IIRC - maybe it would be easiest to just provide an interface to that
> API.
Well this is absolutly useless, I wrote it one day while looking at php API for
ideas.. ;-)

> >     tt_GetRemoteFiles: Provides tools to retrieve remote files
> >     tt_HTML_Table: Advanced tools for html table generation
> >     tt_Info: General info
> >     tt_SendMail: Utilities to send mail
>
> How does this compare to other Tcl/Mail things?  How do you feel about
> its security?
For now it just uses the application sendmail. A native implementation would be
nice.

> I want to establish a directory hierarchy for all this stuff before I
> start dumping my own files/contributions into it.  At the moment I
> don't have any brilliant ideas, but some kind of order is necessary to
> avoid the confusion of having lots of packages.  Any thoughts?
>
> Maybe:
>
> bin/               # maybe part of build/ ?
> packages/
>          index     # descriptions of the various packages, and what
>                    # they do
>          tt_pack/
>          nstcl/
>          etc/
>          etcccc/
> build/             # build scripts for everything

Yep looks good for me.
PM

Re: TT pack release 3

Posted by Pierre-Mikael Legris <pl...@fbwww.epfl.ch>.

Re: TT pack release 3

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@apache.org>.
Pierre-Mikael Legris <pl...@fbwww.epfl.ch> writes:

> #package with the TCL documentation HTMLized (cool but big)
> http://fbwww.epfl.ch/~plegris/Tcl/code/tt0127.tgz  652k

Personally, I'd rather not include these.  I think most people have
either man pages or access to the on-line versions of these...

> DOCUMENTATION :

Can you explain, briefly, the system that this uses?  I'm not sure I
'get it'.  If I end up using this, it will go in the main mod_dtcl
branch, not in the 'kitchen sink' distribution.

> APPLICATION :
>     VarServer: Variable Server Demo. Keep variable between sessions
>     help2html: Convert tcl help files to html and include them to mod_dtcl help
>     ttdoc: Generate documentation for mod_dtcl files
>
> PACKAGE :
>     tt_Auth: WWW Authentification calls

Has anyone who needs authentication looked at this?  Seems to be what
people were asking for...