Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Roger Espel Llima <es...@iagora.net> on 2000/12/15 20:11:23 UTC

UPDATE: lingerd

I've just released lingerd version 0.92; you can get it at
ftp://iagora.com/pub/software/lingerd/lingerd-0.92.tar.gz

WHAT IS LINGERD?

Lingerd is a daemon that greatly improves Apache's scalability by
taking over the task of lingering on closing sockets.  On dynamic
page servers that don't serve their own images (and where keepalives
are off), the effect of lingerd on Apache's load is similar to that
of a proxy front-end server.

STATUS

Lingerd under Linux is running on production servers, and is no
longer considered beta code.

Lingerd on *BSD, Solaris and other Unix systems is still beta, and
I'd really appreciate some feedback (compilation success, any
compilation warnings, etc).

CHANGES SINCE LINGERD 0.91b:

. stopped logging some harmless condition as an error
. minor documentation changes

Btw, I won't be around until next thursday or so; I'll answer my
emails as soon as I get back.

--
Roger Espel Llima, espel@iagora.net
http://www.iagora.com/~espel/index.html