Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Steve Anderson <s....@gmail.com> on 2016/06/15 11:28:35 UTC

Cqlsh Questions

Couple of Cqlsh questions:

1) Why when I run the DESCRIBE CLUSTER command no snitch information is required? Is this because my Cassandra cluster is a single node?

2) When I run the HELP CREATE_KEYSPACE command the following info is displayed:

	*** No browser to display CQL help. URL for help topic CREATE_KEYSPACE : https://cassandra.apache.org/doc/cql3/CQL-3.2.html#createKeyspaceStmt

	I am connecting via SSH to my Amazon Linux image and hence have no browser available. I see the browser can be configured via a .cqlshrc file, but can I configure it not to use a browser?

	By the way, there is no CQL-3.2.html file under https://cassandra.apache.org/doc/cql3/

Thanks
Steve
—
"Surely, those who believe, those who are Jewish, the Christians, and the converts; anyone who (1) believes in God, (2) believes in the Last Day, and (3) leads a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord; they have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve." (Quran 2:62, 5:69) …learn more at www.masjidtucson.org

Re: Cqlsh Questions

Posted by Eric Stevens <mi...@gmail.com>.
There's an effort to improve the docs, but while that's catching up, 3.0
has the latest version of the document you're looking for:
https://cassandra.apache.org/doc/cql3/CQL-3.0.html#createKeyspaceStmt