Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/06/01 09:07:57 UTC

Location of meta files??

Hi,

was there any conclusion about location of meta-info files for ant
librarys? There was talk of a separate directory like ANT-INF/ or TSK-INF/
and there was also talk of using "META-INF/services/org.apache.ant/" like
newer APIs seem to. Is there any opinion on which is better alternative?

The 2nd is probably more standard in long term but the first is easier for
average peeps to grok off the bat. Especially if ant library results could
be stored in jars that may contain other "services" as well.

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Location of meta files??

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au> wrote:

> I would prefer META-INF/antlib.xml

+1

Stefan

RE: Location of meta files??

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
> was there any conclusion about location of meta-info files for ant
> librarys? There was talk of a separate directory like ANT-INF/ or TSK-INF/
> and there was also talk of using "META-INF/services/org.apache.ant/" like
> newer APIs seem to. Is there any opinion on which is better alternative?

I believe the "services" approach is inappropriate. If you read the spec you
will see that it does not really apply to Ant. It really is about specifying
which concrete classes implement the given service.

I would prefer META-INF/antlib.xml

Conor