Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Vadim Tesis <va...@hotmail.com> on 2010/01/14 13:45:45 UTC

wicket session vs tomcat session

hi,

i'm trying to customize Tomcat 6 configuration and i came accross Manager element in server.xml. it allows one to configure where to store sessions (memory, disk, ...), for how long to keep the session before discarding it, ...  so i was wondering how (if at all) wicket (1.4.5) session is related to tomcat session and whether that tomcat configuration will affect wicket session in any way.

by the way in my wicket app among other things i store a user object in wicket session when the user signs in.

Thanks,

Vadim

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390709/direct/01/

Re: wicket session vs tomcat session

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
If your http session times out, you will loose all data attached to
that including the wicket session.

Posted by kirillkh <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vadim,

I'm exactly trying this feature, and I have a similar situation (user object
in session). Upon restore, the user object is restored as expected, if the
user is logged in, he is still logged in, etc. But the stateful pages aren't
restored, so you can't just refresh a page and expect it to come up. I guess
this is because I use SecondLevelCache?