Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Richard Sand <rs...@idfconnect.com> on 2013/09/12 07:34:12 UTC

list of available properties

Can someone point me to the page that has the complete list of all of the
default properties available for use in a pom/plugin? My google powers are
failing me.

Is there a dynamic property created for each resolved artifact? I’m trying
to get a property containing the full file name of a given artifact.

Best regards,

Richard

Re: list of available properties

Posted by Kees van Dieren <in...@squins.com>.
There is a Maven help plugin that gives this information:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-help-plugin/expressions-mojo.html

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-help-plugin/system-mojo.html

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-help-plugin/describe-mojo.html

Best regards / Met vriendelijke groet,

Kees van Dieren
Squins IT Solutions BV
Oranjestraat 30
2983 HS Ridderkerk
The Netherlands
Mobile: +31 (0)6 30413841
www.squins.com
Chamber of commerce Rotterdam: 24435103

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com>.
> I think some of it's goals are questionable from a “best practice” point
> of
> view. Certainly read-project-properties and set-system-properties should
> come with health warnings as they can have very visible edge cases:

> The plugin is helpful... but usually only when you are dealing with other
> plugins that are poorly written/designed.

Agreed. I am using it when dealing with external systems where I can not
easily change over to pom based properties but have to work with
properties files.

I believe that it should still be release with a 1.0 version. Maybe with
warnings in the log or whatever. After all we are not removing profile
support just because it is a best practice not to overuse profiles. Or
repositories declared in the pom and so on.

Anything worth using is worth a 1.0 version.

just my 2c however.

manfred

Re: list of available properties

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
I think some of it's goals are questionable from a “best practice” point of
view. Certainly read-project-properties and set-system-properties should
come with health warnings as they can have very visible edge cases:

* The properties they introduce all apply after a good chunk of the model
has been resolved, so while they may appear equivalent to a <properties>
section, they are not

* There are some system properties that cannot be changed once the JVM has
started. These are defined in the JLS. Similarly, some system properties
are read and acted upon before the plugin execution takes place and if you
are trying to set one of those system properties, you will be out of luck.
Finally, setting system properties is a symptom of bad plugins that are not
forking a JVM and providing system property setting configuration options.

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
http://mojo.codehaus.org/properties-maven-plugin/usage.html

execute read-project-properties goal  of properties-maven-plugin
bind to 'initialize' phase

Martin