Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Xiao Juguang <ju...@fugu-sg.org> on 2002/03/22 15:00:15 UTC

SSL problem, UnrecoverableKeyException

Hi, guys.

I am runing Tomcat 4.0 on Windows 2000 Server and JDK 1.4. Followed Tomcat
HOWTO-SSL document to setup ssl.
After using keytool to create a key and modify the server.xml file, I
restart tomcat. I am sure tomcat can find the .keystore and password is
correct.

I met the error message on stdout.log, and it said like below. Anyone can
help?

Thanks, Juguang.

Create Catalina server
initProxy:  java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key
java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key
 at sun.security.provider.KeyProtector.recover(KeyProtector.java:301)
 at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineGetKey(JavaKeyStore.java:103)
 at java.security.KeyStore.getKey(KeyStore.java:289)
 at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.X509KeyManagerImpl.<init>(DashoA6275)

Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  null.open:  java.io.IOException:
java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key
LifecycleException:  null.open:  java.io.IOException:
java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key
 at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.initialize(HttpConnector.ja
va:1130)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:454
)