Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mserrano <ma...@attivio.com> on 2012/11/02 03:42:24 UTC

Re: Message sometimes lost when transaction open and broker restarted

After deeper investigation, I have discovered that when this fails, it is
because the first message (the one that ends up missing) is never written to
the KahaDB store.  I added a trace message to /void upadateIndex(Transaction
tx, KahaAddMessageCommand command, Location location) / in order to see
exactly when messages were persisted.  When the test fails, the first
message does not seem to enter this method.  I continue to investigate.

Re: Message sometimes lost when transaction open and broker restarted

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Were you able to update the test I sent you to reproduce this?

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM, mserrano <ma...@attivio.com> wrote:

> After deeper investigation, I have discovered that when this fails, it is
> because the first message (the one that ends up missing) is never written
> the KahaDB store.  I added a trace message to /void
> upadateIndex(Transaction
> tx, KahaAddMessageCommand command, Location location) / in order to see
> exactly when messages were persisted.  When the test fails, the first
> message does not seem to enter this method.  I continue to investigate.

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: Message sometimes lost when transaction open and broker restarted

Posted by mserrano <ma...@attivio.com>.
I've tracked down the issue but have not been able to reproduce it in a unit
test.  I created a ticket for it:

Re: Message sometimes lost when transaction open and broker restarted

Posted by mserrano <ma...@attivio.com>.
I tried for sometime to duplicate the issue with the test but was not able
to.  So I am back to debugging this from my more complex environment.