Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sean Kelly <ke...@seankelly.biz> on 2004/01/07 00:36:12 UTC

CORBA IDL

Maven mavens:

I'm exploring Maven for use on a project that has IDL files that go
through JacORB to become Java source files.  Before I start writing a
maven-idl-plugin, does anyone else already have such a beast?  I'd
appreciate taking a look if not outright using what already exists.

--
Sean Kelly
Independent Consultant

Re: CORBA IDL

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Sean Kelly wrote:

>> I wrote a maven plugin for the OpenORB IDL compiler a while ago.  It
>> basically deployed the OpenORB compiler ant task which is where all of
>> the actual work was done.
>

> That'd be great. Nothing wrong with OpenORB where I come from.  :)

This content should provide everything you need on the ant taskdef side
of things.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/openorb/OpenORB/src/compiler/org/openorb/compiler/taskdefs/

Cheers, Steve.

Re: CORBA IDL

Posted by Sean Kelly <ke...@seankelly.biz>.

Re: CORBA IDL

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Sean Kelly wrote:
> Maven mavens:
>
> I'm exploring Maven for use on a project that has IDL files that go
> through JacORB to become Java source files.  Before I start writing a
> maven-idl-plugin, does anyone else already have such a beast?  I'd
> appreciate taking a look if not outright using what already exists.

I wrote a maven plugin for the OpenORB IDL compiler a while ago.  It
basically deployed the OpenORB compiler ant task which is where all of
the actual work was done.

If this sounds relevant I can post some links.

Cheers, Steve.