Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Carson, Chuck" <Ch...@syrrx.com> on 2003/01/21 04:56:42 UTC

Configuring Directory Index Display

Is it possible to tweak the display of directory indexes. Under Apache
you could normally create HEADER and FOOTER files to control output. You
could also configure other aspects of the display in the server config
file. Is this possible under tomcat 4.x? The default directory listing
is quite crude. We have a multitude of directories that contain only
data files, no html files (and we don't want any) and it is rather
cludgy under the default config.

Thx,
CC

Chuck Carson
Sr. Systems Engineer
Syrrx, Inc.
10410 Science Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92121
Work: 858.731.3540
Cell: 858.442.1791

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.