Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by netflexity <mf...@netflexity.com> on 2007/05/15 18:43:46 UTC

Pipeline returns empty soap message

Hello. I am using pipeline to invoke a static routing slip and return an XML
result.
When I use it with trace, I can see the correct XML, but how do I return it
back to HTTP client? Meaning that I have HTTP SU and it worked fine with
static routing slip, but does not return the message with a pipeline. Is it
possible that

Flow:

http--->cb-router--->enricher--->pipeline--->staticrslip--->

Please note that static routing slip does invoke a custom bc.

Thank you.

Re: Pipeline returns empty soap message

Posted by netflexity <mf...@netflexity.com>.
The problem is that I need to enrich the message, run XSLT, run my own se,
which is InOut and send a response back.

The only way to enrich is Enricher, the only way to go from In to InOut is
Pipeline....
I created InOut-to-In eip serviceengine.

Seems like EIP should always work with InOut exchanges.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
If you want a response to be sent back, you need to use an InOut mep
on the HTTP BC and after too.  The pipeline accepts an InOnly and will
send the response to another endpoint.  You need to use the routing slip
instead.

On 5/15/07, netflexity <mf...@netflexity.com> wrote:

> Hello. I am using pipeline to invoke a static routing slip and return an
> XML
> result.
> When I use it with trace, I can see the correct XML, but how do I return
> it
> back to HTTP client? Meaning that I have HTTP SU and it worked fine with
> static routing slip, but does not return the message with a pipeline. Is
> it
> possible that
>
> Flow:
>
> http--->cb-router--->enricher--->pipeline--->staticrslip--->
>
> Please note that static routing slip does invoke a custom bc.
>
> Thank you.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Principal Engineer, IONA