Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Yuriy Panfyorov <yu...@cc.jyu.fi> on 2002/09/30 12:32:20 UTC

page-number-citation: roman page numbers

Hi!
There's a problem with "page-number-citation" referred to pages
enumerated in roman style (i, ii, ...). I used it in automatically
generated ToC (docbook-xsl), and when referring to "page-sequence" marked with
roman style (format="i"), it outputs alpha numbers ("1" instead of "i",
"2" instead of "ii", etc.). Does anybody know why could it happen and how to fix this problem?
Thank you in advance.

Panfyorov Yuriy,
yuriy.panfyorov@cc.jyu.fi

Re: page-number-citation: roman page numbers

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Yuriy Panfyorov wrote:
> There's a problem with "page-number-citation" referred to pages
> enumerated in roman style (i, ii, ...). I used it in automatically
> generated ToC (docbook-xsl), and when referring to "page-sequence" marked with
> roman style (format="i"), it outputs alpha numbers ("1" instead of "i",
> "2" instead of "ii", etc.). Does anybody know why could it happen and how to fix this problem?

This happens because someone thought the "page number" is,
err, a number, which is, ahem, not quite true (it's a string).
This will be fixed tomorrow or so in the CVS maintenance branch.

J.Pietschmann