Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Justin Edelson <ju...@helemus.com> on 2010/08/27 18:04:15 UTC

formatting text in ConfigurationPrinter

Is there any way to bold text in a webconsole ConfigurationPrinter?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: formatting text in ConfigurationPrinter

Posted by Valentin Valchev <v_...@prosyst.bg>.
 On 30.8.2010 г. 17:02 ч., Justin Edelson wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> This works in the sense that I can suppress HTML in non-web modes, but
> the HTML is being escaped inside HtmlConfigurationWriter:
> http://screencast.com/t/OWJmODZi.
>
> It seems to me that if someone *just* implements ConfigurationPrinter,
> the output should be escaped, but the output shouldn't be escaped in the
> case of a ModeAwareConfigurationPrinter implementation. WDYT?
IMHO you should post an issue in the JIRA ;) But in order to keep
compatibility with the current implementations maybe it's better to add
a new 'raw-web' or 'raw-html' mode, that strictly instructs that the
content is html and must not be escaped.
> Justin
>
> On 8/30/10 2:38 AM, Valentin Valchev wrote:
>>  Well, still it is possible to use bold text. Just implement
>> ModeAwareConfigurationPrinter. When the mode is web I guess it will be
>> safe to generate HTML markup.
>>
>> On 28.8.2010 г. 21:46 ч., Felix Meschberger wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> No, for the moment ConfigurationPrinter output is considered plain text
>>> because the same output is used for Web and plain text output.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Felix

Valentin Valchev · Lead Software Engineer
ProSyst Labs EOOD
1606 Sofia, Bulgaria · 48 Vladajska Str.
Tel. +359 (0)2 952 35 81; Fax +359 (0)2 953 26 17
http://www.prosyst.com · v.valchev@prosyst.bg
stay in touch with your product.

Re: formatting text in ConfigurationPrinter

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.

Posted by Valentin Valchev <v_...@prosyst.bg>.

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.