Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeroen Breedveld <je...@x-hive.com> on 2003/07/23 17:55:25 UTC

Tiles attributes in jsp tags problems

Hi all,

I changed from using the HTML embed tag to using the jsp:include tag to
embed a applet in a webpage. The problem however is that since I'm using
tiles I can't get the values of the attributes passed to tiles in the
attributes of the jsp:include tag because it is itself a jsp-tag. Can
someone please tell me how should I solve this problem?

Here is the jsp that embeds the applet:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts/struts-tiles.tld" prefix="tiles" %>

    <jsp:plugin type="applet"
code="com.mycomp.composer.client.AppletLauncher"
          archive="../client.jar,../thinlet.jar" jreversion="1.4">
      <jsp:params>
        <jsp:param name="division" value="<tiles:getAsString
name="division"/>"/>
        <jsp:param name="listAction" value="<tiles:getAsString
name="buttonPanel"/>"/>
        <jsp:param name="currentUriField" value="<tiles:getAsString
name="buttonPanel"/>"/>
        <jsp:param name="buttonPanel" value="<tiles:getAsString
name="buttonPanel"/>"/>
      </jsp:params>
      <jsp:fallback>
        Plugin tag OBJECT or EMBED not supported by browser.
      </jsp:fallback>
    </jsp:plugin>

Thanks and regards,

Jeroen

Re: Tiles attributes in jsp tags problems

Posted by Hue Holleran <st...@openaction.net>.
Try:

<tiles:useAttribute name="division" classname="java.lang.String" />
<jsp:param name="division" value="<%=division%>" />

Or alternatively use EL.

H.