Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ford prefect <fo...@yahoo.de> on 2004/03/20 09:19:12 UTC

Tapestry and Threadsafety/Visit object

I would like to add the ipaddress (and other client
information) to the visit object, keeping in mind that
it should also be possible for it to change during the
session [so it should not be added once, but updated
on every page].

(a)

Which method would I need to use in order to do that?

What about:

protected Object createVisit(IRequestCycle cycle)
{
Visit visit = (Visit) super.reateVisit(cycle);

HttpServletRequest req =
cycle.getRequestContext().getRequest();

visit.setIPAddress(req.getRemoteAddr());
visit.setLocale(req.getLocale());
return visit;

}

or would it only be called if no visit object has been
instantiated yet ?

(b) will that be automatically threadsafe?

(c) what are the golded rules for remembering client
specific stuff in a thread-safe manner?

(d) will tapestry ensure thread safety or what are the
pitfalls/dangerous situation where you need to be careful?

Mit schönen Grüßen von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de