Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Nick Longinow <nl...@vhainc.com> on 2005/02/28 20:23:45 UTC

Escaping URLs when building WebdavResource ?

At the risk of asking the obvious, has anyone had success building
WebdavResource objects

using escaped HttpURL objects ?  It is failing consistently for me,
using this code:

        remoteObject = URLEncoder.encode(remoteObject, "UTF-8");

        HttpURL slideSrv = new HttpURL(remoteObject, "UTF-8");

        slideSrv.setEscapedUserinfo(user, pwd);

        WebdavResource wdr = new WebdavResource(slideSrv);

I am getting a NullPointerException on the 'setEscapedUserinfo' call,

where the javadoc seems to indicate that this means the 'user' was null
???

Is anyone else able to build WebdavResources using escaped urls ?

Nick