Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Me Myself and I <st...@live.co.uk> on 2012/01/22 07:13:46 UTC

Vital Questions about MS Word files and Java POI

At the moment, POI stands at v3.8 beta 5.

I have used up to version 3.7, and I have found problems such as:

-Programming java code to draw a graph based on a range of cells relative to another one
and insert the graph as an image object embedded in file on a particular Excel Worksheet.

-Exporting said Excel graph as a jpg, gif or bmp file.

-Changing and inserting different Fonts and sizes for brand new CharacterRuns
 in an MS Word text document (Typical XP format).

-Similarly inserting, sizing and resizing, and exporting gif, jpg, gif file
images.  As well as anchoring the image to a "text cursor location"
as well as a free floating image, as well as the consequences of having
images partly or fully over the top of other images.

-How do these shortfalls stand?  Is the present version yet capable of this
at the moment, using the POI API easily exposed to the Java Programmer?

I can't really find an open source java lib for reading, writing, editing

MSWord files in this api complete fashion as specified here,

even just up to 97/2000/XP  file format version.  Where might I look on the internet?

Re: Vital Questions about MS Word files and Java POI

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
You had answers here http://s.apache.org/Owf