Posted to user@flink.apache.org by rania duni <ra...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/01 09:13:53 UTC

Autoscaler

Hello!

How can I enable the operator autoscaler and not the job autoscaler ? I
don't understand if the default behavior is job scaling or operator
scaling, I am a little confused with the documentation.

Thank you!

Re: Autoscaler

Posted by Gyula Fóra <gy...@gmail.com>.
There is only one kind of autoscaler in the Flink Kubernetes Operator. And
the docs can be found here:
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-docs-main/docs/custom-resource/autoscaler/

We usually refer to it as the Job Autoscaler (as it scales individual jobs)
but the mechanism itself scales the job vertexes (operators) of the job.
Hope this helps.

Gyula