Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org> on 2004/08/17 22:03:26 UTC

[Patch mp2] Apache::Module remove 2 dangerous methods

remove_module() and remove_loaded_module() are currently exposed thru Apache::Module
and I am wondering if that is a good idea. Those methods allow the removing of arbitrary
httpd modules.  The functions add_module() and add_loaded_module() are already not available,
so unless we keep all four, I think all four should not be available.

Thoughts ?

Re: [Patch mp2] Apache::Module remove 2 dangerous methods

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.

Stas Bekman wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>
>>remove_module() and remove_loaded_module() are currently exposed thru
>>Apache::Module
>>and I am wondering if that is a good idea. Those methods allow the
>>removing of arbitrary
>>httpd modules.  The functions add_module() and add_loaded_module() are
>>already not available,
>>so unless we keep all four, I think all four should not be available.
>>
>>Thoughts ?
>

> +1

Gone!

Re: [Patch mp2] Apache::Module remove 2 dangerous methods

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> remove_module() and remove_loaded_module() are currently exposed thru
> Apache::Module
> and I am wondering if that is a good idea. Those methods allow the
> removing of arbitrary
> httpd modules.  The functions add_module() and add_loaded_module() are
> already not available,
> so unless we keep all four, I think all four should not be available.
>
> Thoughts ?

+1