Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Nicolas Maujean <nm...@hotmail.com> on 2005/01/07 21:25:17 UTC

[fileupload] : Some information about the upload of a file

hi,

   I have used the commons file upload tools, it appears that you can't download more than 2,1GB that is to say 2^31-1
bytes is the size of an int. it is limited to the size of an int,

   you can bypass it, just put in comment the code looking for the size of the file but in that case you have to be sure that
the web container that you will use will manage the size of a long so you will be limited to 2^63-1.

   I am using tomcat, if I try to pass in the http header a size greater than 2,1GB, the application will end with a Stream ended
unexpectedly, it will not work well, the upload of the file can stop at the beginning as it can stop at the middle of the upload.

Nicolas Maujean

Re: [fileupload] : Some information about the upload of a file

Posted by Paul DeCoursey <pa...@decoursey.net>.
It seems to me that you wouldn't want to transfer files of that size
via http in any case.  It makes more sense to segment the files and
then reassemble them later.  That would lessen the chances of corrupted
data, loss of connection or any other network related problems.  Just
an opinion.

Paul DeCoursey