Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Tricia Ong Cheah Yen <tr...@aretae.com> on 2001/09/21 05:43:05 UTC

template qn

hi all,
	i'm new to struts and i have a qn on the use of template tag
with the <bean:message> tag. i had used the <bean:message> tag to
provide content in my template file. however, instead of displaying the
text "Welcome" as stored in my MessageResources.properties file it
display "<bean:message key="window.title"/>" as it is.

	now shldn't there be a tranlsation of something or did i missed
out anything?

here's a snippet of my template page:
<%@ page language="java" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/taglibs/struts-template" prefix="template" %>
<%@ taglib uri="/taglibs/struts-bean" prefix="bean" %>
  <HEAD>
  	<TITLE><template:get name='HtmlTitle'/></TITLE>
  	<META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
	<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="0">
	<LINK REL="stylesheet" TYPE="text/css"
HREF="./include/defaultstyle.css">
  </HEAD>

and the code for the page that uses this template

<template:insert template='./templates/template.jsp'>
	<template:put name='HtmlTitle' content='<bean:message
key="window.title"/>' direct='true' />
</template:insert>

TIA
+trish

Re: template qn

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.
  Hi,

  You can't nest jsp tag inside another jsp tag. But, their is a solution
to your problem :

<template:put name='HtmlTitle' direct='true' >
  <bean:message key="window.title"/>'
</template:put>