Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Geert Jansen <ge...@boskant.nl> on 2003/03/01 13:15:15 UTC

Re: 3.0.2 has been tagged

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 11:51:47PM -0500, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> I've tagged what we have release-3-0-2. Please test it out and let me
> know. The simples way to do this is the usual ./configure ; make ; make
> install, then cd into test subdirectory and do "python test.py".

Hi Grisha,

I just checked out 3.0.2 and is now almost works with Draco! There is one
problem left: sometimes, headers that I set don't show up in the response. I
investigated the problem further, and it seems that this only happens in the
combination of the following circumstances:

1. The URL requested is a directory, which is mapped to a file using the
   DirectoryIndex directive.
2. There is a PythonAccessHandler directive defined for the URL. It doesn't
   seem to matter if the handler file actually defines a handler function.

This is my configuration:

  <Directory /home/www/test>
    AddHandler python-program .py
    PythonHandler mptest
    PythonAccessHandler mptest
    DirectoryIndex mptest.py
  </Directory>

This is my mptest.py program:

  from mod_python import apache

  def handler(req):
      req.headers_out.add('Set-Cookie', 'blaat=test')
      req.write('Hello, world!\n')
      return apache.OK

This shows that the Set-Cookie header is not part of the response:

  geertj@cristina:~$ telnet cristina 8080
  Trying 192.168.2.16...
  Connected to cristina.
  Escape character is '^]'.
  GET / HTTP/1.0

  HTTP/1.1 200 OK
  Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 12:10:54 GMT
  Server: Apache/2.0.44 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.44 OpenSSL/0.9.6g mod_python/3.0.2 Python/2.2.2
  Connection: close

  Hello, world!
  Connection closed by foreign host.

I'll try to see if I can find the error. I thought I'd let you know of my
findings asap so we can stilll fix this before 3.0.2.

Greetings,
Geert Jansen

Re: 3.0.2 has been tagged

Posted by Geert Jansen <ge...@boskant.nl>.
On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 11:37:58PM -0500, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

Hi Grisha,

> I'll have to take a closer look at this, but in the context of 3.0.2
> release - I don't think this bug (if it is a bug) is a show stopper? Any
> opinions?

the bug is rather serious IMHO because it basically prevents you from using an
access handler... This is a rather large restriction.

Were you able to reproduce this bug using the configuration I included?

Greetings,
Geert

Re: 3.0.2 has been tagged

Posted by "Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy" <gr...@apache.org>.
I'll have to take a closer look at this, but in the context of 3.0.2
release - I don't think this bug (if it is a bug) is a show stopper? Any
opinions?

Grisha