Posted to user@struts.apache.org by suhas <su...@techmas.hcltech.com> on 2000/07/03 13:28:15 UTC

question in user state management using Session

Hi
I want to know the http request header key  -

I'm writing request.getSession(true)  in the jsp .  This method in turn might be settting the browser header key .( dunno exactly name of that key)
 .But  I think that header key is "set-cookie = 12313 " ( this can be the unique
 session id that server has to set for identifying a user) .

So whenever server receives this key in the http request , server identifies the user , if the key is present in the request

 Server checks the hashtable stored in the server  and retrieves the
 information for that

In another jsp page I tried to print all the request header keys , But there wasn't any such key found . ?

Can u tell how to check for that key