Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/03 18:34:21 UTC

[Java SDO CTS] running the CTS inside eclipse

An issue that is causing a little trouble is that we don't have good
instructions on how to set up and run the CTS tests inside eclipse,  and I
have an insight into that that I'd like to share.

We must ensure that the sdo-2.1cts project remains free of any reference to
tuscany.

The device by which we do this, when the SDO API doesn't cover our needs is
the TestHelper interface and the loading of an implementation specific
TestHelper implementation by reference to a property.

However,  if you set up the whole CTS as one big eclipse project then you
don't get any tooling assistance in maintaining this separation,  so its
easy for tuscany to leak into the generic cts code.  If however you use the
mvn eclipse:eclipse command to create eclipse projects in each of the two
subdirectories of CTS and then import those two projects into a workspace,
then the tuscany implementation project will have a dependency on the
generic project,  but not vice-versa.

The way you then get to run the tests is by running either
test.sdo21.vendor.tuscany.tests.AdoptedCtsTestSuite or
test.sdo21.vendor.tuscany.tests.OptionalCtsTestSuite in the tuscany specific
project.

I guess this should go on the wiki.  I'll add it to my list of things to do.

BTW We still have the issue that many of us don't see any test run under
maven,  which is not a show-stopper but would be nice to fix.  Has anyone
who has this running thought of any extra steps they took to configure their
environment?

----
Regards, Kelvin.

Re: [Java SDO CTS] running the CTS inside eclipse

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
Ah,
  of course the BasicSequence belongs to Tuscany,  so the EMF source code
attachment was a red herring sorry,  but it still remains the fact that we
have differnet version of that code.
Kelvin.

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
Another Hmmm moment,

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@gmail.com>.
Andy,

 I think you are seeing this because I have taken the optional route in the
CTS eclipse setup instructions to run the tests against my Tuscany SDO
implementation eclipse project,  which has the fix for
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1216 in it.

Regards, Kelvin.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On 5/4/07, kelvin goodson <ke...@thegoodsons.org.uk> wrote:
<snip/>

It strikes me that we could perhaps do with factoring out the generic
> instructions on how to configure the M2_REPO variable, and how to import a
> maven created project into eclipse,  so that these could be referenced
> from
> various locations.  We currently have two SDO pages replicating this
> content,  and I guess DAS and SCA may have similar somewhere.

I think that would be really good. We could have something like a general
"developer guide" for Tuscany with this type of information and sub projects
could have additional sub project specific guides as appropriate. Ideally
there wouldn't be much sub-project specific stuff and they'd all work in a
very similar way - with how to check out, build, release, the SVN structure,
the distributions etc - all being the same across Tuscany.

   ...ant

Re: [Java SDO CTS] running the CTS inside eclipse

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@thegoodsons.org.uk>.

Posted by Andy Grove <gr...@roguewave.com>.
I tried deleting my maven repository directory and then re-ran the
tests. I got different results - not very different, but presumably this
shouldn't have made any difference at all so it might be worth others
trying the same thing.

I now get:

If I delete all files in my cts directory and run svn update again I
still get the same result, so I certainly seem to have the up to date
files. It seems as if the tests are running against a different version
of Tuscany to others?

Thanks,

Andy.

Posted by Andy Grove <gr...@roguewave.com>.