Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/08 17:29:11 UTC

Re: new install

Just installed current version of Karaf.  Get the following error.  What to
do?

chuck@MyDesk:/sata2/Downloads/karaf/apache-karaf-4.3.2> ./bin/karaf
failed to access class
org.apache.felix.utils.properties.InterpolationHelper$BundleContextSubstitutionCallback
from class org.apache.k
araf.util.config.PropertiesLoader
(org.apache.felix.utils.properties.InterpolationHelper$BundleContextSubstitutionCallback
and org.apa
che.karaf.util.config.PropertiesLoader are in unnamed module of loader
'app')
Error occurred shutting down framework: java.lang.IllegalAccessError:
failed to access class org.apache.felix.utils.properties.Interpo
lationHelper$BundleContextSubstitutionCallback from class
org.apache.karaf.util.config.PropertiesLoader (org.apache.felix.utils.proper
ties.InterpolationHelper$BundleContextSubstitutionCallback and
org.apache.karaf.util.config.PropertiesLoader are in unnamed module of
loader 'app')
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: failed to access class
org.apache.felix.utils.properties.InterpolationHelper$BundleContextSubstitutionCa
llback from class org.apache.karaf.util.config.PropertiesLoader
(org.apache.felix.utils.properties.InterpolationHelper$BundleContextSu
bstitutionCallback and org.apache.karaf.util.config.PropertiesLoader are in
unnamed module of loader 'app')
       at
org.apache.karaf.util.config.PropertiesLoader.loadSystemProperties(PropertiesLoader.java:114)

       at
org.apache.karaf.main.ConfigProperties.<init>(ConfigProperties.java:246)
       at
org.apache.karaf.main.Main.updateInstancePidAfterShutdown(Main.java:232)
       at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.main(Main.java:197)

Re: new install

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.
I'm on openSuse Tumbleweed with OpenJDK 16.  I've been playing with Felix
Atomos and it worked fine so I was a bit surprised that Karaf would not
even start.

Re: new install

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,