Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Suni K <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/12 06:19:35 UTC

Fwd: Handling of Hbase Blob

Hi,

I created a table with Blob Fields in Oracle, and I imported the data into
Hbase by using sqoop by using below command

*sqoop import --connect jdbc:oracle:@....... --username root --password
root --table emp4 -hbase-table emp4 --column-family cf --columns
id,desription,name --hbase-create-table --as-sequencefile
--inline-lob-limit 0*

My Requirement is

For hbase, we want the clob/blob to go under _lobs directory and referenceid
to the _lob be in the column family.

Thanks & Regards,
suneetha

Re: Handling of Hbase Blob

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Suni,

I'm not sure to get what you mean by "we want the clob/blob to go under
_lobs directory". You want sqoop to get the blob field content, create a
file under _lobs and put it's reference into _lob HBase column family?

JM