Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.on.ca> on 1997/05/14 23:50:45 UTC

Flushing the buffer from a module

This has been tossed around before, but I don't recall what the concensus
was.  I am getting lots of requests for a way to do nph-like scripts from
mod_php.  I really don't think doing a client_to_stdout() a-la mod_cgi.c
is the way to go for a content parsing module like mod_php.  I would
prefer to leave the flushing up to the script writer letting them indicate
when the buffer should be flushed.

So, the question is, can we add a mechanism for letting a module control
buffer flushing, or can I simply call bflush(r->connection->client) right
from my module?

-Rasmus