Posted to announce@apache.org by lewis john mcgibbney <le...@apache.org> on 2014/04/25 19:45:36 UTC

[ANN] Apache Gora 0.4 Released

Good Afternoon Everyone,

The Apache Gora team are very proud to announce the immediate release of
Gora 0.4 which is a major release for the project.

The Apache Gora open source framework provides an in-memory data model and
persistence for big data. Gora supports persisting to column stores, key
value stores, document stores and RDBMSs, and analyzing the data with
extensive Apache Hadoop™ MapReduce support. Gora uses the Apache Software
License v2.0.

This release addresses no fewer than 60 issues. Major improvements within
the release scope comprise a complete upgrade to Apache Avro 1.7.X and
overhaul of the Gora persistency API (such improvements enable Gora to be
used to map much more expressive and complicated data structures than
previously available), upgrades to Apache HBase 0.94.13, Apache Cassandra
2.0.X and Apache Accumulo 1.5.X.
Users can also benefit from using Gora + Solr for object-to-datastore
mapping with the addition of the new Solr module which uses Solr 4.X.

Gora sources tar.gz and .zip release artifacts (along with signatures) can
be obtained from visiting our DOWNLOADS [0] page. We also encourage users
to upgrade their build dependencies using our published Maven Artifacts [1].

Please redistribute this email to your project mailing list.

Thanks
Lewis
(on behalf of the Apache Gora team)

[0] http://gora.apache.org/downloads.html
[1] http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|gora

 _____ _          _____             _          _____     ___ _
               _____               _     _   _
|_   _| |_ ___   |  _  |___ ___ ___| |_ ___   |   __|___|  _| |_ _ _ _
___ ___ ___   |   __|___ _ _ ___ _| |___| |_|_|___ ___
  | | |   | -_|  |     | . | .'|  _|   | -_|  |__   | . |  _|  _| | |
| .'|  _| -_|  |   __| . | | |   | . | .'|  _| | . |   |
  |_| |_|_|___|  |__|__|  _|__,|___|_|_|___|  |_____|___|_| |_|
|_____|__,|_| |___|  |__|  |___|___|_|_|___|__,|_| |_|___|_|_|
                       |_|

            http://people.apache.org/~lewismc || @hectorMcSpector ||
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lmcgibbney

               Apache Gora V.P || Apache Nutch PMC || Apache Any23 PMC

Re: [ANN] Apache Gora 0.4 Released

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
You can get dependencies of hbase using the following command :
mvn dependency:tree

There are some API changes between 0.94 and 0.96+

Cheers

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.