Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Manne Fagerlind <Ma...@rgk.se> on 2006/04/11 08:27:42 UTC

Swing consumer fails silently

Is it just me, or is the Swing consumer a fragile piece of software?

It worked for me yesterday, and I don't think I've been fiddling with
the configuration in any way, but today all I get is an empty window,
and no error messages on the console. All it says is:

swingconsumer:run:
    [java] Restored portlet :1_0.1
    [java] Restored portlet :1_0.2

This happened a week ago too. I have the tcpmon tunnel listening on port
8080 (changed Pluto's server.xml to make it listen on 8079). But when I
run the consumer it doesn't even try to connect, at least not on port
8080.

This is the contents of my
org.apache.wsrp4j.commons.consumer.driver.ProducerImpl@WSRP4J.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Producer id="1" registrationRequired="false">
<registration-data>
<consumer-name>WSRP4J Swing Consumer</consumer-name>
<consumer-agent>WSRP4J Swing Consumer</consumer-agent>
</registration-data>
<markup-interface-url>http://localhost:8080/wsrp4j-producer/WSRP4JProduc
er/WSRPBaseService</markup-interface-url>
<service-description-interface-url>http://localhost:8080/wsrp4j-producer
/WSRP4JProducer/WSRPServiceDescriptionService</service-description-inter
face-url>
<registration-interface-url>http://localhost:8080/wsrp4j-producer/WSRP4J
Producer/WSRPRegistrationService</registration-interface-url>
<portlet-management-interface-url>http://localhost:8080/wsrp4j-producer/
WSRP4JProducer/WSRPPortletManagementService</portlet-management-interfac
e-url>
</Producer>

Ideas, anyone?

/Manne